The main aim of the European Alliance Against Depression is to improve care and optimise treatment for patients with depressive disorders and to prevent suicidal behaviour.
The aims of the society are realised in particular by:
- Actions to improve the care for patients affected by depression and prevent suicides
- Supporting relatives of persons concerned
- Promoting the 4-level-approach
- Raising public awareness of the occurrence and impact of depression and suicidal tendency
- Information and education of the general public and professionals
- Information about EAAD and dissemination of EAAD results at regional, national and european level
- Support young researchers
- Conducting further research on interventions for depression and the prevention of suicides
Please Email us for further information and regarding the statutes of the European Alliance Against Depression.